Turn to the trusted team of Drs. Joel A. Kaplan and John G.T. Augoustides for focused, comprehensive guidance on topics relevant to certification examinations for adult cardiac anesthesiology practitioners. Written by current leaders in the field, Augoustides and Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia Review summarizes critical, must-know cardiac anesthesia knowledge in a concise, quick-review format―making this an indispensable review tool for cardiac anesthesiologists and fellows, as well as advanced residents seeking a cardiac fellowship.
- Presents high-yield, bulleted outline summaries of key content to study along with multiple choice questions, answers, and rationales to solidify your understanding.
- Covers key topics such as preoperative assessment and management, including cardiovascular imaging; cardiovascular physiology and pharmacology; cardiovascular, neurologic, and coagulation monitoring; anesthetic considerations for specific cardiac procedures and conditions; cardiopulmonary bypass and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation; coagulation and transfusion; and postoperative management.
- Corresponds chapter by chapter to relevant content published in Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia to help you make the most of your study time and learn more efficiently.
- Features high-quality illustrations, clinical photographs, charts, and graphs throughout to provide a visual aid to reinforce key information.
- Contains page number references to Kaplan’s Cardiac Anesthesia and the Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia (JCVA) in each rationale for further study.
- An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.