Part of the renowned Braunwald family of references, Clinical Arrhythmology and Electrophysiology: A Companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease provides today’s clinicians with clear, authoritative guidance on every aspect of the latest diagnosis and management options for patients with arrhythmias. This comprehensive reference on cardiac arrhythmias lays a solid foundation of the underlying mechanisms of cardiac electrophysiology with an emphasis on identifying, understanding, and treating individual arrhythmias. Now fully updated from cover to cover, and carefully written to provide continuity and a consistent message throughout, the 4th Edition offers unparalleled coverage of cardiac arrhythmias in an accessible and user-friendly manner.
- Grounds clinical techniques in basic science for managing patients with complex arrythmia disorders.
- Offers increased clinical content with complete diagnostic and management options, including the latest drug-based, device-based, and device-drug therapies.
- Covers new tools and techniques for atrial transseptal and percutaneous pericardial access, new ablation energies and tools, and new ACC/HRS guidelines for bradyarrhythmias.
- Contains a new chapter on stroke prevention in atrial arrhythmias.
- Includes significant content updates on macro-reentrant atrial tachycardias in an era of ultra-high-resolution mapping, new mapping and ablation technologies for ventricular tachycardia, new genetic mechanisms underlying arrhythmia syndromes, and much more.
- Provides access to dozens of videos depicting key mapping techniques, and fluoroscopy images illustrating techniques for electrophysiologic catheter positioning, and atrial septal puncture, as well as pericardial access, cryoablation, and left atrial appendage exclusion procedures.
- Uses a consistent format throughout, showing every arrhythmia in a similar manner for quick reference.
- An eBook version is included with purchase. The eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures and references, with the ability to search, customize your content, make notes and highlights, and have content read aloud.