An essential resource for written, oral, and recertifying board study, as well as an excellent reference for everyday clinical practice, Current Surgical Therapy, 14th Edition, provides trusted, authoritative advice on today’s best treatment and management options for general surgery. Residents and practitioners alike appreciate the concise, highly formatted approach to each topic, as well as the practical, hands-on advice on selecting and implementing current surgical approaches from today’s preeminent general surgeons. This highly regarded text remains the only surgical reference of its kind, offering a complete array of topics and delivering just the key facts.
- Covers virtually every problem that a general surgeon may encounter, synthesizing vast amounts of information into concise, digestible chapters.
- Provides thoroughly updated information throughout, including focused revisions to the most in-demand topics.
- Presents each topic using the same easy-to-follow format: disease presentation, pathophysiology, diagnostics, and surgical therapy.
- Includes eight all-new surgical videos covering enteral stents in the treatment of colonic obstruction; multiple management approaches to spigelian, obturator, and lumbar hernias; spontaneous and secondary pneumothorax, and acute mesenteric ischemia.
- Features more than 2,000 illustrations―line drawings, graphs, algorithms, clinical/operative photographs, micrographs, and radiological images―including hundreds new to this edition.
- Integrates minimally invasive surgical techniques, basic science, and critical care aspects of surgical practice throughout.
- Discusses which approach to take, how to avoid or minimize complications, and what outcomes to expect.
- Provides a quick, efficient review prior to surgery and when preparing for surgical boards and ABSITEs.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.